Friday, September 25, 2009

What about your shower?

I just read this article by Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak and had to chuckle. By the time I had a camper with a shower in it, my daughter was 16. There was no way she could take an RV-Navy shower!

For years, my parents used their shower/tub area for storage. That was before basements became so large and accommodating.

So what do I do with my RV shower? I use it!

I've always used my own shower. When I owned a pop-up (Williamsburg by Coleman) it had a small shower in it. I used it.

My daughter, who loves long, luxurious showers, would don her flip-flops and use the campground's shower.

Next I had a Class C (Jamboree Rallye) and again I used my own shower all the time. For me it's a cleanliness & convenience thing. I don't like showering with shoes on and balancing to put on lotion and get dressed.

Now we have a Class A and we are full-timers. So both of us use our own shower all the time. To keep it looking brand new, the last one done uses a chamois and wipes it all down. It's not that big and it sure does keep the glass looking like new!

However, my next rig will have a shower with a seat in it. It will be so much nicer to sit down and shave my legs and smooth my feet.

When our daughter (now 30) takes a trip with us, she still prefers to use the campground shower because she really does like a hot, 45-minute shower.

Can't do that in an RV!

What do you use your shower for? Now I'm curious...

If you want to read Jaimie's article, click here

Till next time,

Vicky & Bob Heron (Capt. Jack & Jesse James)

How to work & live wherever and whenever you choose!

No comments: